Another ROM that is based on the AOSP Gerrit but has its own custom mods is the Xtended. Initially known as MSM Xtended, this project came into existence around the time of the Android Pie launch. It offers its own version of the quick settings menu, as well as a fully immersive mode for Android. Next is the biggest name in the custom ROM scene – LineageOS. While many of you might not be familiar with the name, LineageOS is actually the same custom ROM that started as CyanogenMod. Back in the fall of 2016, Cyanogen Inc. announced file firmware stok rom that it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since then, the developer community has kept the project alive, but under the name of LineageOS.
- There are a few ways to access data on Android without root.
- No matters what smartphone you have, it will work the same for all android phones.
- SP Flash Tool is an all-in-one computer software for MediaTek mobile phones.
- From here, select your backup from the list (it will be named based on the date it was created), then simply swipe the slider at the bottom of the screen.
Within a few seconds, you’ll be greeted by Android’s bootloader menu (pictured below). From here, use your volume buttons to highlight the « Recovery Mode » option, then press the power button to select it. If you carry a phone then it allows having an app that saves battery life in real-time. The most popular one is Greenify which can discover which application is draining the battery while not being used.
- Apart from this, some users prefer to reinstall Android OS when their device starts misbehaving.
- Smart Phone Flash Tool, commonly known as SP Flash Tool, is a cross-platform program that is used for flashing stock firmware, custom recovery, and hard brick device repair.
- Step 1- First of All Download SP flash tools and Extract Inside a Folder, you can Extract in C drive for batter work.
- You should download it and extract it to a convenient location on your PC.
- Then specify a backup path on PC and click « Backup » to start the Android backup process.
The reason is that OEM packs ROM’s IMG files inside an encrypted package. Like OnePlus has such files inside payload.bin, Realme, Oppo has theirs inside OZIP format, and many more. In summary, We can root an Android device in two ways; one uses a custom recovery like TWRP while the other is without the use of any recovery at all. This article explains the steps that you need to know about how to Root an Android device without TWRP recovery and PC.
You can simply choose the preferred option and tap on the “Configure” button. If you have a rooted device, then you can also take its backup using the Orange Backup App. Currently, it supports EX4, TWRP, and CWM recovery and doesn’t work for non-rooted devices. You can take a full backup Android using Orange Backup App after following these instructions. Sit back and relax as the application will start taking the backup of your device. Make sure that you don’t disconnect your device from the system and give it some time to take the backup. After giving the desired command, you will get a prompt on your phone.